Too good to be true?; Not really! Making these flaky and flavorful cheese crackers at home is quick, easy and a great activity to do with your children. You only need 6 ingredients which you probably already have in your pantry right now!
6 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup butter, softened and cut into pieces
3/4 cup flour (plus a little more for dusting)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (adjust amount to taste)
1 Tblsp milk
The How To….
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Place first 5 ingredients in food processor, and pulse until it forms crumbles.
3. Add milk and process until dough forms. Don’t over process!
4. Remove dough from processor and form into a ball. Flatten onto floured work surface. Parchment paper, dusted with flour works great to roll out the dough so it’s easy to lift without sticking.
5. Roll dough 1/8 th inch thick into a rectangle.
6. Using a pastry or pizza cutter, cut dough into one inch squares or diamonds. Using the flat end of a wooden skewer, poke a hole in the center of each cracker.
7. Transfer crackers to prepared baking sheet. They may be placed fairly close to one another because they do not spread much.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges begin to brown. Do not over-bake! Cool and store in airtight container. They should be eaten with a few days to prevent the butter from going rancid, especially in hot weather.
These crackers would be great for a party snack or an anytime snack! Seek out Life’s Simple Pleasures and make these crackers soon.